Sunday, November 20, 2011

What I’m Pissed Off About


If you recall, a few weeks ago I blogged about things I was excited about. (See: What I’m Excited For from November 1, 2011) One of the things I was excited for was the debut of the Versace for H&M line.  I had already resigned myself to the fact that the pickings would be slim because nothing would be available in plus sizes, but I was very content with nabbing a few accessories.  I mainly had my eyes on this studded black leather Versace bag.




I had planned on using this as a little going out/club bag since it’s small enough to hold all my night on the town essentials, and the $110 price is a far cry from the Chanel Wallet On Chain which I also covet for this very same purpose.



*takes deep breath*




The start of my pisstivity began a week ago as I started plotting my strategy to obtain an item from this limited edition collection.  As H&M does not cater to the plus size market, the store was never on my radar, so as I navigated the website, I learned that not only was the Versace line only being carried at select stores, there is no such monster as online shopping for its U.S. customers. The hell? 

The following day, I called the nearest H&M to learn that in the ENTIRE DMV the only H&M that was getting the line was the flagship store in DC.  I was also warned to get there before sunrise to get in line because havoc was expected.  As I started having flashbacks of the Missoni for Target collection, (See: The Madhouse Created by Missoni from September 2011), I realized that this was going to be much worse since there was only one location in the area to buy the collection.  To make matters worse, I learned that the shopping experience will come with rules. Yes RULES! Shoppers would only be allotted 10 minutes to shop and could only purchase two items from the collection.  This was turning into bullshittery of epic proportions....and speaking of bullshit, the two item restriction was only in the U.S.!


Clearly the two item limit didn’t pertain to shoppers in London.  Note the multiple bags! (Yes, I am salty!!)

When the line debuted at 8:00am in the U.S. yesterday, I was fast asleep.  I didn’t bother waking early to partake in Mission Impossible.  Luckily I didn’t because I called the store later in the day and learned that the line was sold out by 9:30am.  So no Versace for me.   A shopaholic’s heart is very heavy about this missed opportunity, and what really makes me angry are the people who really didn’t want the items, who only wanted to use this as an opportunity to make a fast buck.  eBay is now flooded with marked up Versace for H&M items, and of course the same $110 bag I wanted is now being resold for $300.  To those people I say, if you don't want the items for yourself, leave them in the store for the people who really want and plan to use them. 

Lets just file this entire experience under #pissed shall we!

But never fear, another high/low collaboration is coming soon.  Word on the fashion streets is a possible collaboration between Tom Ford and H&M.  We shall see....

No happy shopping for me ~The Plus Size Shopaholic~ Muah!


No comments:

Post a Comment