Thursday, December 1, 2011

Rainbow Connection


I initially planned on titling this post Knitful Things as this posting features items of  knitted texture, but as I started gathering items to highlight, I noticed they all had one thing in common – colorful hues.  Aside from loving ANYTHING glittery (See: All That Glitters from July 2011) I LOVE all things colorful! I guess as I’ve gotten older, I never shed the fascination that most babies get when you dangle or shake something colorful in their faces.  As I’m shopping, I’m always attracted to the most colorful fabrics and merchandise that any store has to offer.  I remember this time last year, taking a trip to Lane Bryant and falling in love with a colorful knitted cardigan on display at the front of the store on a mannequin.  In typical me fashion, I had to have it.  Problem was the cardigan had been for sale for quite some time, so by the time I caught wind of it, my size was mainly sold out.  I recall jetting to three different Lane Bryants trying to get this sweater with no luck.  My BFF was riding shotgun, so while she called the store in Virginia, I was on my way to another location in Maryland.  Finally I settled on the LB2ME service and received it a week later…..in a size smaller of course since my size was even sold out online.  GRR!



Since I had to get it in a smaller size, it doesn’t fit the way I would like but it’s not tight.  I typically wear it with a colorful t-shirt underneath.  I’m currently snatching up as many camisoles Lane Bryant is currently offering in different shades to double up and wear underneath.

(I tried multiple times to take pics of my sweater but it didn’t photograph the colors well, so luckily I found this pic online.)

And speaking of Lane Bryant, as I thumbed through the recent catalogue, I came across this colorful number:



(Sorry for the super small pic.  I can't enlarge it)

This knitted cowl neck sweater is available in store and online at www.lanebryant.com in 14/16 – 26-28 (sold out online in sizes 22/24 - 26/28) for $69.95.


And since we're talking about knitful things, you can’t leave out winter accessories like scarves, gloves, and hats.  They are a must to combat the cold that is settling into the region, and what better way to make a winter coat or jacket pop with color than this rainbow knitted set.



This colorful knitted trio is from Target and range in pricing from $10.99 - $17.99.  Buy in store or online at www.target.com.

Who says that with the cold comes the dark and drab colors?  Isn't this a wonderful way to stay warm and look vibrant this winter season? Make a Rainbow Connection with one of these items. 

Happy Shopping ~The Plus Size Shopaholic ~ Muah!


1 comment:

  1. Nice plus size collection. The are fabulous. I wanna check out more from you.

    ReplyDelete