Saturday, December 10, 2011

A Winter Wonderland of Tackiness


As the song says, it’s the most wonderful time of year.  The Christmas season is now upon us bringing all sorts of cheer – decorated trees, gift-giving, egg nog, and who can forgot jolly Ole Saint Nick!  Oh yes, it’s the most wonderful time of year!!

Unfortunately, there is a downside to the Christmas season.  Ebenezer Scrooge is always lurking around to steal your Christmas joy and bring misery to all whom he or she encounters.  But low & behold, there is something else far more sinister than Scrooge that lurks around during this time of year.  Many people fall victim to it year after year. 


It’s hideous.….



It’s unsightly….



Only Baby Jesus and a miracle on 34th Street can protect some people from it…..



The Knitted Nightmare known as the Christmas Sweater. 






What can I say? It’s a monstrosity! So you can imagine my distress when my coworkers approached me about wearing this misuse of yarn to the office holiday party. o-O 

I tried finding a holiday sweater that didn’t look too foolish, but quickly found that there is no such monster.  If it was made to be a Christmas sweater, it never had a fighting chance against those knitting needles to ever be cute.  Therefore, in true fatshionista fashion, I wrapped myself in silver tinseled garland and clipped on a sugar plum and jingle bell corsage to give my proper sweater a festive look.



The pic doesn’t show the garland, but trust me, it was cute!

So as you prepare for your company’s holiday party don’t fall victim to the greatest holiday fashion faux pas of all.  


The Plus Size Shopaholic ~ Muah!

No comments:

Post a Comment