Sunday, February 5, 2012

Look Good While Moving


There is a huge misconception about fat people - we don’t work out.  Sure, there are some that don’t, but there are a lot of us that do.  We do aerobics, we weight train, and we can even bend our round bodies in position to do yoga.  Yup, just like fashion, working out isn’t just exclusive to skinny bitches!

A few months ago I was on my way to the gym when I was stopped by a woman who I saw at the gym a few nights before.  She kindly told me that she and her workout buddy were talking about me after I left. The nerve!  I just knew they were talking about my fat ass sweating like a hog at a barbecue while working out a few treadmills over.  Oh no, she told me that they were talking about how my workout clothes were color coordinated and how great my hair looked after my workout.  Well I’ll be darned!  I had no idea people checked out your gym clothes too.  I don’t put up much of an effort since the clothes are only going to get soaked with sweat.  I was flattered. I LVoe compliments!!

As days went pass, I started thinking.  You don’t have to be Raggedy Ann in the gym.  There are items out there that are comfortable, functional, and stylish that can be worn to workout.


Old Navy offers an active wear line of compression pieces that are stylish and functional.  Get tanks, jackets, t-shirts, sports bras, and pants for $24.94 - $39.94, ranging in sizes 1x -4x.  Check out all the great pieces they have to offer here:  http://oldnavy.gap.com/browse/category.do?cid=5647

Another place you can shop for active wear is at AdoraOm, which is a store completely dedicated to plus size active wear.  AdoraOm offers its line of active wear is sizes 12-24 in an array of styles and colors.  Item pricing ranges from $12.00 - $120.00.  Check out AdoraOm online at:  http://www.adoraom.com/.

Now grab a cute outfit and get moving!

Happy Shopping! ~The Plus Size Shopaholic ~ Muah! 

1 comment: