Tuesday, October 25, 2011

It’s A Bird, It’s A Plane…Nope It’s Charlie Brown


Autumn has settled in and with its arrival comes the first official holiday of the season –Halloween.  My fondest Halloween memory is when I was five.  My kindergarten class dressed in our costumes and had a mini-parade for the older kids.  That year, I was Lucy from the Charlie Brown/Peanuts cartoon, but as my class paraded around the playground, I heard a sixth grader say “Hey, look at Charlie Brown.”  Even as a five year old, I was annoyed at the mistaken identity of my costume character.  I was a girl, why would I be wearing a costume of a boy, namely Charlie Brown? It’s funny that this happened 31 years ago, and I remember that costume so vividly, but I cannot remember any other Halloween costume I have worn since then.

As I’ve gotten older, my need to dress up for Halloween has diminished since I’m pretty sure I’d look rather silly treat-or-treating.  I recently got invited to a Halloween Party but RSVP’d “not attending”.  Now I’m kicking myself because I’ve found some awesome costumes.



Transform yourself into the Queen of Nile in this Cleopatra-esque costume, complete with gown and headdress, in sizes 16/18-20/22, at http://www.target.com/, for $39.99. 

*Note: This item is not sold in stores.


Command your own Pirate Ship in this Sexy Captain Swashbuckle costume from http://www.halloweencostumes.com/, currently in stock in size 1/2x for $58.99.  This must be a popular costume with the plus size ladies because the 3/4x sold out since the last time I visited the site.  Arrgh!



If you’re not able to command your own Pirate ship since the costume is sold out in your size, try a Naval ship with this sexy Sailor Girl costume also from http://www.halloweencostumes.com/.  This costume in currently in stock in sizes 1-4x for the price of $39.99.



Torrid asks can you do the can-can? If so, do it in this flirty Can-Can Girl costume for only $33.75.  Unfortunately this must be another hot ticket item as it’s only now available in sizes 1/2x. 





Also by Torrid is this cute Bumble Bee costume, also only in size 1/2x for $33.75.  Both can be purchased in stores or at http://www.torrid.com/

Halloween is only six days away but if you hurry you still have time to snag one of these great costumes.  What’s even better is that no one will mistake you for Charlie Brown.

Happy Shopping and Happy Halloween ~The Plus Size Shopaholic~ Muah!

1 comment: